My home is a 2012 Airstream 25′ Flying Cloud FB. A mouthful, indeed. The FB stands for Front Bed which is where the bedroom is not located on models without this designation. The trailer was purchased from George Sutton RV in Eugene, Oregon because of Mark Heinrich who sold me on Airstream first, then the trailer.
Here are the details:
- Brand: Flying Cloud
- Model: 25′ Front Bed
- Ext length: 25′ 11″
- Ext width: 8′ 5.5″
- Int length: 21′ 8″
- Int width: 8′ 1″
- Living space: 175 sq ft
- Dry weight: 5,575 lbs
- Maximum weight: 7,300 lbs
- Water capacity: 39 gallons
- Hot water capacity: 6 gallons (120v or propane or both)
- Black tank capacity: 39 gallons (about 2 weeks)
- Grey tank capacity: 37 gallons (about 3 days)
- Propane capacity: 2 x 30 lb steel tanks
- Furnace: 25,000 btu (propane)
- Air Conditioner: 13,500 btu (includes heat pump)
- Refrigerator: 7 cubic feet (120v or propane)
- Factory Option 1: Awning Package (rear window and full-length left side manual awnings)
- Factory Option 2: 21″ TV in the bedroom (haven’t used it yet)
- Dealer Installed: Zamp Solar 180 watt solar generation system
- Dealer Installed: 2″ receiver hitches on both rear frame rails
- MSRP: $70,437 as equipped
The year is nearly up since I first saw this trailer for the first time, and aside from some poor-fitting cabinets, an improperly adjusted holding tank gauge, a shower door out of alignment, a radio that doesn’t really work as it should, a DVD player that has no sound, a horrid bed mattress, and inadequate insulation, it’s great!
Towing this trailer in any weather condition is so easy, and it handles wonderfully. The ‘twinkie’ shape minimizes the trailer swaying in the wind when parked as well as while being towed.
The classic American style is visible miles away, and everyone wants to see inside. It’s stylish, classic and American – what’s not to love? OK, it’s priced at $400 per square foot which is well into the European craftsman-built price range, and it’s certainly not built that well, so that’s a hog’s leg. But other than that, it’s a beauty!